Services to Youth
The Links, Incorporated created its first program facet, Services to Youth, to empower black youth to use their intellect and spirit of achievement to become successful and productive citizens. Through this facet, we implement transformational programs that are responsive to the academic, cultural, career development, and mentoring needs of youth.
The Services to Youth facet uses an integrated approach to prepare young people to succeed as healthy citizens in the global workforce and to promote healthy lifestyles within families and communities. In support of The Links’ mission to enrich and enhance the lives of black youth, the primary goals of this facet are to:
- Close the achievement gap from pre-K through college, with the intent of preparing our youth for the global workforce as healthy citizens
- Develop training modules for local pre-K through college mentoring programs, to ascertain a high level of support for youth in our communities
- Expand and support science, technology, engineering, and mathematics education
- Promote and support historically black colleges and universities for ensured sustainability
Key 2019-2020 Programs
(2) $2,000 Scholarships were awarded to deserving Edward Waters College students based upon community service, academic performance and need.
Date: January 15, 2020
Event: HBCU Initiative: Pop Up Professional Clothing Boutique held at Edward Waters College
Impact: Provided free professional clothing to Edward Waters Students to help prepare for interviews and other business opportunities.
Date: February 8, 2020
Event: Etiquette Classes with Sulzbacher Village Children
Impact: Learning the value of manners. Exploring a fun exercise to help prepare children for the future.